Thursday, August 30, 2007

SAC

So a strike of genius hit me. With the kick off of college football underway and the prospects of GA State football so exciting, and me finding myself reading the boxscores of every game of every school I've never heard of, I thought, why not create a new conference?

My proposal...the SAC (South Atlantic Conference). And fuck you Kennesaw State, you aren't invited. This will be a big conference -- 12 teams, mostly up and coming, all in the Southeast. Two Divisions that I haven't quite worked out yet. But eventually the SAC would give the Big East a run for their money, especially given all of the big name games some of these teams have already scheduled unlike some of you other pussy conferences.

People will say "Oh yeah, the Southeast is the best football...you have the SEC,ACC,SAC." And I name Joe Tereshiski IV commisioner. So without further adieu...12 teams:
1. The REAL GSU
2. Georgia Southern
3. Appalachian State
4. Troy University
5. Florida International
6. University of Central Florida
7. University of Lousiana Monroe
8. Western Carolina
9. Western Kentucky
10. Southern Mississippi
11. University of Alabama Birmingham

Twelve is a toss up between FLA Atlantic, UL Lafyette, College of Charlston, or maybe we could pull Miss State from the SEC. Midgrade football at it's finest! Beats the hell out of Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and Syracuse...

No comments: