Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I am Proud of Atlanta tonight.

The special lady and I went to the Braves vs. Giants game tonight and some after the fact record breaking happened. Barry Bonds hit #759 and promptly got booed. Bobby Cox recieved ejection #133, his second in as many, nights and Ryan Klesko freaked the fuck out. He also was ejected and Barry had to pull him off the field, most likely a result of 'roid rage.

But the most important thing, Atlanta won. And damn if we didn't boo when we were supposed to, cheer when we were supposed to. The Barry supporters were a-plenty, and I'd like to think of myself as somewhat of an agnostic regarding the situation, but I still just don't like the guy. Why the fuck do you have to leave the field when a relief pitcher is called in? This is not New York. Atlanta has class. We aren't going to throw stuff at you, just say some things that might hurt your feelings.

Either way this team has late season run written all over them. And dammit, after sitting in left field, I am on the Willie Harris bandwagon. If he could just quit getting thrown out trying to steal.

Way too early prediction: Willie Harris = World Series MVP.

No comments: